CORE: From an IDEA to a BUSINESS
Now accepting 2022-2023 applications for RISE: Core’s 10-week business program, powered by CO.STARTERS. RISE: Core offers a variety of FREE business support programs through The Space On Main. Made possible with support from the US Department of Agriculture and the Vermont Women’s Fund. Have a business idea that you’ve always wanted to try? We’ll provide everything you need to figure out how to turn your idea into a reality. RISE: Core is offered both in-person (Bradford, VT) and remote via Zoom.
Everything you need to build and grow your business in 10 weeks:
- Prototype & refine your product/service
- Identify your customers
- Develop your marketing message
- Learn accounting & tax best practices
- Legal advice on best structure for your business
- Explore funding opportunities
- Define a strategy to scale your business
This program is designed for any aspiring entrepreneur or small business owner. Our only requirements are:
- You have an idea you’re ready, willing, and excited to pursue!
- You are willing to study and refine that idea with others.
- You will commit to our 10-week program.
10 weeks. 1 day a week. 3 hours at a time. Here is what we’ll cover:
- Session 1 – Knowing Yourself
Assumptions, Working Styles, Team Building, Obstacles
- Session 2 – Knowing Your Customer
Customer, Problems, Alternatives, Idea Testing
- Session 3 – Finding the right solution
Solution, Benefit, Advantages, Starting Small, Brand Identity
- Session 4 – Getting the Relationship Right
Marketing & Message; Getting, Keeping & Growing Customers
- Session 5 – Building Blocks
Distribution, Revenue, Typical Offering, Price
- Session 6 – Structures and Systems
Legal and Accounting Considerations
- Session 7 – Discovering the Bottom Line
Startup & Ongoing Needs, Fixed & Variable Costs, Break-Even Point
- Session 8 – Financial Modeling
Break-Even Point, Sales Projections, Cash Flow, Raising Capital
- Session 9 – Planning for growth
Growth Plans, Goal Setting, Preparing for Celebration Night
- Session 10 – Celebration Night
What Enrollment Gets You:
10-Week CO.STARTERS Program • Mentors & Drop-In Hours • Activity Supplies • Online Resource Portal • 6-Months of LivePlan • Coworking Space Membership Discount
RISE: Core takes place once a week at The Space On Main in Bradford, Vermont (remote optional). Please review our COVID Policy for requirements of entry. Each program runs for 10 weeks. Questions? Email email@example.com
Our 2022-2023 Schedule
[OPEN] Cohort 6
Oct 12, 2022 – Dec 14, 2022
[OPEN] Cohort 6
Jan 8, 2023 – Mar 12, 2023
[OPEN] Cohorts 8 & 9
Interested in helping local entrepreneurs to succeed in the Upper Valley? We need your help! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You to Our Supporters!
Made possible with support from the US Department of Agriculture.
Matthew joined us for our very first CO.STARTERS cohort in Spring 2020. After completing the course, he was able to transition from his career as a full-time nurse to one as a full-time arborist. Matthew has since hired additional employees and is living his dream. Matthew joins us regularly to share his experiences with new cohorts.
Heidi joined us during one of our first hybrid cohorts of CO.STARTERS. Although she has run a highly successful business for 30 years, she enrolled in the course in order to plan a brand new product line with a cohort of peers who offered support and accountability. Heidi’s experience was an incredible asset in our peer-to-peer program.
RISE is a member of the CO.STARTERS network. Learn more at costarters.co.