It is the mission of The Space On Main to foster entrepreneurship, innovation, the arts, education, health, and recreation in order to increase opportunity for personal and collective growth in the Cohase Region of Vermont and New Hampshire by providing a creative facility with access to affordable equipment, work spaces, and classes. It is our goal to ensure prosperity of our community by leveraging talent in the region by creating pathways to outside individuals, services, and technologies. The organization is administered by Monique Priestley.
1. Payment. The Space On Main charges for the use of its space. Payments must be made at the time of use, or monthly for regular members. Day passes and event passes must be purchased online in advance from The Space On Main. All users of The Space On Main must pay the appropriate use/membership payments for the services they use.
2. Contacting The Space On Main. You may contact The Space On Main anytime by emailing us at email@example.com. We will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly but we cannot guarantee a specific response time.
3. Cancellation. If Users want to cancel a month-to-month Membership, they can do so at https://space.onmain.app/account/memberships. In that case, Membership will cease at the moment of cancellation.
4. Users Can Change Users Membership. If Users want to downgrade or upgrade membership level or add services, they can do so at https://space.onmain.app/account/memberships, or they can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership changes will not be retroactive and must be made prior to use of The Space On Main under the new plan.
5. Shared Workspace. The Space On Main is a shared workspace. It needs to be kept clean and orderly. That means cleaning up after use of The Space On Main especially any workstations, and in the kitchens and bathrooms. Users leave personal belongings and valuables unattended at their own risk. We are not responsible for Users personal belongings and valuables. All Users must respect the professional work environment of fellow members. This includes keeping the noise to a reasonable office volume while conducting any work activities.
6. Guest Policy. Guests are welcome but all guests & visitors must check in with The Space On Main staff prior to use of The Space On Main. By bringing guests to The Space On Main, Users agree to take legal responsibility for Users guests and their actions while they are in The Space On Main. Guests are limited to 3 guests per User and must not remain in The Space On Main for more than 3 hours (unless attending an event in a reserved room that is scheduled for longer than 3 hours).
7. Membership Levels. Members may select the membership type that best suits their needs. Membership level benefits and price may be changed at the discretion of The Space On Main. The following types of memberships are currently available to those who wish to use The Space On Main;
a. Community Member (Free. Limited.) Member may access The Space On Main’s online membership portal to make room reservations.
b. Common Area ($100/month.) Member may access The Space On Main Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to-5:00 pm. Members at this level must leave The Space On Main after 5:00 pm. Included at this level is access to shared space, shared desk usage, Internet access, and timed door entry.
c. Night Owl ($150/month.) Members at this level may access The Space On Main at any time. Includes access to shared space, shared desk usage, Internet access, and timed door entry.
Locking/Security. Members with 24/7 access may be required to set/reset the security system upon entering or leaving the Space On Main. An extra fee may be charged for the access fob to unlock the building after business hours, and members with 24/7 access shall pay a fee of $100 if they don’t return the fob upon cancelation or downgrading of membership.
d. Dedicated Desk ($250/month.) Members at this level may access The Space On Main at any time. Includes access to a dedicated desk in shared space, Internet access, and timed door entry.
e. Day Tripper (Drop-In, $35 per day.) Users may purchase a day pass allowing them access to The Space On Main for one calendar day, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to-5:00 pm. Includes access to shared space, Internet access, and timed door entry.
f. Sponsorships (6-12 months, pricing varies.) Member may access The Space On Main Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to-5:00 pm. Members at this level must leave The Space On Main after 5:00 pm. Included at this level is access to shared space, shared desk usage, Internet access, and timed door entry.
NOTE: All paid memberships include a listing on and access to the member directory, job board, and company directory; discounts on SOM-sponsored trainings and classes; and access to SOM Slack and Facebook groups.
8. Member Benefits. All Members will have access member benefits including but not limited to: guest sign-in, water, free access to select The Space On Main sponsored functions, internet usage, utilities and building services, cleaning services, trash removal, and use of kitchen.
The Space On Main will make reasonable efforts to provide these benefits at all listed times, however, The Space On Main cannot guarantee that all benefits will be available at all times.
These benefits are shared resources that can be used by members for free for reasonable normal usage. All use of any shared resources must be reasonable. What is reasonable use is at the sole discretion of The Space On Main staff. If any staff notice that these resources are being abused or used beyond what we consider reasonable normal use, we reserve the right to restrict Users use of them or, if we have provided Users notice that Users use exceeds “normal use” and such excessive use continues after that notice, to terminate Users Membership and ban Users from access to The Space On Main.
9. Fee Perks. Some additional services may be available at an additional charge. All such services must be purchased online and agreed to in writing by the User and The Space On Main.
10. Conference & Event Rooms. Conference and Event rooms may be reserved at an additional charge and are subject to availability. Conference and Event rooms can also be used on an “un-metered” basis if they are available, but that Users can be removed by a member who chooses to go on the meter and reserve the room.
11. Mail Handling. The Space On Main is not responsible for storing or distributing mail sent to its address. Please do not have mail sent to The Space On Main.
12. Storage. Users may use storage areas provided by The Space On Main, including bicycle lockers, filings cabinets, general storage lockers, bar storage lockers and any other storage facility within The Space On Main. Any such storage provided by The Space On Main to Users must be used for lawful purposes only. No storing of dangerous, flammable, or hazardous substances will be allowed. The Space On Main reserves the right, if The Space On Main has reason to suspect that Users have breached this clause, to inspect such storage, remove Users property from storage, and rescind Users right to use such storage. If storage space becomes scarce, The Space On Main reserves the right to limit storage for individual customers at its discretion. Users may store items in their designated desks for so long as they have membership access to that desk. Other than dedicated desks, no items should be stored at The Space On Main for more than 24 hours except as by written agreement of The Space On Main.
13. Parking. The Space On Main does not provide private parking. All parking is public town parking and subject to availability. Membership neither creates an obligation on the part of The Space On Main to provide parking to Users, nor a guarantee that parking will be available for the vehicle or vehicles of Users or any guest. Please keep in mind that on street parking is shared and limited to 2 hours. There are public day lots located at either end of Main Street.
14. Technical Services & Support. By using The Space On Main Users have the right to use certain dedicated technical services and equipment offered by us such as VLAN setup, equipment colocation, dedicated and/or routed public IP addresses. The Space On Main cannot guarantee the functionality of these services, but, at Users request, we or an affiliate may help troubleshoot problems Users may have in trying to access certain functionalities, such as printing or accessing the Internet, and in connection therewith it may be necessary for us to install software on Users computer. Regarding the foregoing, Users agree that we and our affiliates (i) are not responsible for any damage to Users computer in connection with such technical support or downloading and installation of any software; (ii) do not assume any liability or warranty in the event that any manufacturer warranties are voided; and (iii) do not offer any verbal or written warranty, either expressed or implied, regarding the success of any technical support.
15. Membership Fee. Users Membership is granted in exchange for the payment of a Membership Fee. By using The Space On Main, Users agree to pay all required fees up front for Users membership or daily use. Payment of the Fee is non-refundable, regardless of date of termination of the Membership by Users and no proration of fees will be made for termination of Membership Fee or Membership Fee changes initiated by Users in the middle of a membership period.
16. Payment on File. All monthly members agree to keep an active form of payment on file with The Space On Main and authorize us to initiate entries to credit cards or bank accounts in order to pay any Total Fees or other charges for which Users are responsible.
17. Other Applicable Charges. Users will also be responsible for the following charges:
a. If Membership Fees or any other outstanding fees are not paid by the due date, they will be subject to interest at the rate of 1% per month (or the highest rate permitted by law, if less) from thirty (30) days after the due date of the Total Fees until paid in full.
b. If credit card charge attempts are declined, The Space On Main may impose a $50 fee on the Membership and/or immediately cancel the Membership, in the sole discretion of The Space On Main.
c. All checks or bank drafts that are returned unpaid by Users bank will be subject to a $50 surcharge unless the reason for the return is due to bank error.
d. Members with access after normal business hours may be issued a fob for access to The Space On Main when the facility is locked. There may be a fee for this Fob, and there will be a $100 fee if it is lost or cannot be returned upon request.
e. The Space On Main may charge Users a replacement fee for lost, damaged or non-returned items. This shall include: fobs, access cards, office keys, locker keys, bicycle locker keys, etc. If locks have to be changed or replaced due to lost keys, there will be additional charges being the cost of the replacement plus a $50 administration fee for each lost item or service required.
18. Changes to Membership Fees or Optional Services Fees. The Space On Main reserves the right to increase any Membership Fees or fees for Optional Services from time to time. Prior to any such increase we will provide Users with at least 30-days advance notice.
19. Membership Term. Users Membership will be effective when Users sign this Agreement and the fees listed in the Initial Invoice have been paid. Once effective, the Membership will begin on the Start Date and will continue on a month-to-month basis, (unless Users are a daily user or renter of the Conference or Event Rooms) automatically extended for successive periods of one month each upon the same terms and conditions in this Agreement, unless otherwise agreed upon by The Space On Main and Users in writing or terminated under this Agreement, or if the user purchases a day pass.
20. Users Can Change Users Membership. If Users want to upgrade or downgrade Membership level or add services they can do so at https://space.onmain.app/account/memberships or email us at email@example.com.
21. Termination of the Membership by the Member. If Users ever want to terminate Users month-to-month Membership they can do so at https://space.onmain.app/account/memberships. This Membership will terminate immediately. It would be helpful to The Space On Main to have as much notice as possible when Users are planning to leave, so the more advance notice Users can provide, the better.
22. Termination of the Membership by The Space On Main. If any individual engages in significant behavior that, at the discretion of The Space On Main, is inappropriate, detrimental to the community, dangerous, or illegal, then The Space On Main shall have the right to immediately remove the individual responsible from The Space On Main and bar that individual’s re-entry. For any minor breach of this Agreement, at the Discretion of The Space On Main, the staff may deliver written notice describing the breach to the member and that person shall have five (5) business days to remedy the breach to the satisfaction of The Space On Main. If the breach is not remedied within the five (5) day period, The Space On Main will have the right to terminate the Membership immediately. Whether a breach is significant enough to result in immediate termination, or a written warning is at the sole discretion of The Space On Main and its staff.
23. Termination of Membership Due to Loss of Space. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, in the event The Space On Main’s right or ability to occupy The Space On Main is terminated for any reason, The Space On Main shall have the right to terminate this Membership immediately.
24. Termination Due to Abandonment of Workspace. If Users vacate or abandon the workspace(s) assigned to Users by The Space On Main, such vacation or abandonment will be considered a breach of this Agreement.
25. Effect of Termination. Upon the termination or expiration of this Membership, Users right to use Users assigned seats or segment of The Space on Main will end and Users will remove all of Users and Users guests’ property from The Space On Main. Note that Users will have no right to any of the property provided by The Space On Main, including, but not limited to: the IT-related equipment and software, office equipment, phones and office furniture. Any of Users personal property not removed within 48 hours after the termination of this Membership will, at our election, become our property, which may be disposed of by us at any time and in any manner we deem appropriate.
26. Shared Workspace. The Space On Main is a shared workspace, which means depending on Users membership Users may be working in an open workspace and sharing The Space On Main with others. It needs to be kept clean and orderly. That means cleaning and/or storing Users personal belongings and valuables from Users shared workspace when Users leave. If Users leave Users stuff at The Space On Main, it is at Users own risk. The Space On Main is not responsible for the items of members or the actions of any third parties.
27. Allowing for Events & Other Use of the Space. The Space On Main, hosts events, both for the public and members-only, up to several times per week and usually at night. At those times, we may ask Users to move Users workstation. When possible, we will try to reserve for Users a quiet place within The Space On Main to work through an event but we can’t guarantee that there will be sufficient availability within The Space On Main to support Users specific needs. Please also note that we offer some plans that are 24/7. However, The Space On Main cannot guarantee availability every day. Every now and then we may close entirely as a workspace in order to host large community events. Users Membership Fee will NOT be prorated as these events are an important part of what makes The Space On Main special. If Users have a dedicated desk Users will probably never be asked to move for an event (unless special events require unusual security or preparation protocols).
28. Relocation of Members. Because we are managing The Space On Main for the good of all the community, and not an office building with individual tenants, there may be situations where we ask Users to relocate Users reserved desk or office. We will do our best to relocate Users to a similar desk or office. However, if we are unable to accommodate Users, Users will be allowed to terminate Users Membership without notice or penalty. And, if we have to relocate Users to an office or desk that has a lower base membership fee associated with it, we will adjust Users fees accordingly. If any member refuses to voluntarily relocated to a new assigned workspace(s), The Space On Main has the right to move Users property to Users new workspace(s) and will not be liable for any damage caused by such relocation.
29. Suitability & Comfort. Given that The Space On Main is a shared working environment members must understand that the standards for issues such as aesthetics and room temperature vary from individual to individual. In attempting to satisfy the collective and varied standards of the large group of people working in The Space On Main, it is sometimes possible that an individual’s standards will not match those of the majority of occupants and so, unfortunately, Users standards may not be met from time to time. If this ever happens and Users feel that The Space On Main is not meeting Users individual standards, Users have the right to terminate this Agreement as described herein.
30. Use of the Space. The Space On Main space may only be used for general office purposes and all legal uses ancillary thereto that are in compliance with this Agreement and any subsequent notices from The Space On Main. The Space On Main reserves the right to decide at its discretion that any use is not in compliance with this agreement and require that the specific use in question stop or the member vacates The Space On Main.
31. Guest Policy. Users can bring guests and visitors to The Space On Main so long as they check in at the front desk, and abide by the rules specified in this Agreement. Users are limited at any one time to having a maximum of 3 guests for a maximum of 3 hours at a time, and such guests must at all times be accompanied by or working with Users while within The Space On Main. (This does not apply to attendance of reservations in the Conference and Event Rooms.)
32. Cleanliness. Members must maintain in good condition, at Users sole cost and expense, the workspace assigned to Users by The Space On Main. That means cleaning up after Users self at Users workstation, in the kitchen and in the bathrooms. If Users use any The Space On Main equipment we ask that Users put it back where Users found it in good condition.
33. Prohibited Actions. Users will not harm or damage in any way The Space On Main or any part of it, commit waste, create nuisance (including bothering neighbors of The Space On Main or other members at The Space On Main), make any use of The Space On Main which is offensive, in the sole discretion of The Space On Main, and/or commit any act which would tend to injure the reputation of The Space On Main, in the sole discretion of The Space On Main. Users in violation of this policy may be asked to leave.
34. Respect Users Neighbors. While at The Space On Main, respect the professional work environment of Users fellow members. This includes using reasonable volume when having discussions or phone calls and being conscientious of other users. The Space On Main reserves the right to ask any user of The Space On Main who is disrupting other users to leave.
35. Non-solicitation. While at The Space On Main, Users will not employ or solicit for employment any other member or guest or attempt to sell products while at the Space On Main. While Networking is encouraged, any communication must be courteous and all users must respect the right of other Users to be free of unwanted requests, solicitations, or sales attempts.
36. Internet. Users may not use the Ethernet/internet service provided by The Space On Main for any unlawful or illegal purpose, or for unauthorized Bit Torrent downloads or for viewing pornography. Users agree not to send unsolicited commercial email (spam) using the internet services provided by The Space On Main and to cooperate as requested by The Space On Main in the event The Space On Main needs to remove viruses. worms, Trojans, bots and any and all other malware or interference in its computer systems. All users agree that they will not set up an independent wireless network or VoIP system at The Space On Main without prior consultation and written approval from The Space On Main.
37. The Space On Main Property. Users may not remove any of The Space On Main’s property, including furniture, equipment or materials from The Space On Main at any time without the prior written approval of an authorized representative of The Space On Main. Users will only use the workspace(s) assigned by The Space On Main and won’t encroach upon or obstruct the neighboring members, any common areas of The Space On Main, passageways or use any other areas for any other purpose unless otherwise provided for herein without the prior written consent of The Space On Main. Users may not attach or affix any items to the walls, install antennas, or telecommunication lines or devices in the office space or bring additional furniture into the office space, in each case without our prior written consent.
38. Damage or Repairs. The Space On Main will to charge Users for replacement of lost keys or other items Users borrow and do not return, or any damage done to The Space On Main by Users or Users guests. Users agree to reimburse The Space On Main for the cost of any repairs made due to any damage or defacement caused by Users, beyond ordinary wear and tear, within 10 days following The Space On Main’s notice to Users of such repairs.
39. Compliance with Laws. Users will comply with all laws, ordinances, orders and regulations affecting Users business and this Membership. Users acknowledge that no trade or occupation will be conducted in The Space On Main or use made thereof, which will be unlawful, improper or offensive, or contrary to any law or any municipal by-law or ordinance in force by the respective city, county, state or Federal authority. We must also comply with applicable laws, and as such we may disclose information about Users or Users Team Members as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
40. Membership Revocation. In exchange for the Membership Fee, The Space On Main grants Users a revocable (meaning we can revoke it at any time), non-exclusive (as in other people will also have a right to use The Space On Main) and conditional (meaning the license is conditioned upon Users abiding by the terms of this Agreement) license to use and occupy, from time to time, one or more areas in The Space On Main (i.e. Users “Membership”). Users Membership is not a “lease” and does not give Users any right, title or interest in or to any part of all of The Space On Main Space or the right to possess or enjoy any part or all of The Space On Main. The Space On Main retains all rights to legal possession and control of The Space On Main. As such, any applicable Landlord-Tenant laws do not govern this Agreement and by agreeing to these terms Users are specifically waiving any and all rights that Users may have under any applicable Landlord-Tenant laws.
41. Access by The Space On Main Staff. Users acknowledge that the active management by The Space On Main of The Space On Main necessitates that The Space On Main be able to access all parts of The Space On Main, without advance notice, in order to, among other things, provide services to The Space On Main, view the condition of The Space On Main, and make alterations and repairs as necessary. The Space On Main will make reasonable efforts to ensure that such visits do not disrupt Users operations, but The Space On Main is not liable for any damages to Users that result from any such disruptions.
42. Filming, Photography, and Intellectual Property. We regularly film or photograph our workspace and maintain a website and other marketing materials for promotional purposes. Unless Users notify us otherwise, Users grant The Space On Main permission to use Users image, likeness, name(s), mark(s) and sound of voice as recorded on audio or video and waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising therefrom. Note that Users image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and Users waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein their likeness appears. There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation on where these materials may be distributed. If Users request that Users corporate logo not appear in any video or photo, Users must notify us in writing and, not later than 5 business days following Users request we will remove all references to Users name or mark on The Space On Main website and any other print or electronic publications created on behalf of The Space On Main. Users will not use the word “The Space On Main” or other distinctive brand features of The Space On Main in any of Membership’s name(s), logo(s) or other means of identifying Membership or its business without the prior written consent of The Space On Main.
43. Indemnification. All users of The Space On Main agree to indemnify, defend and hold The Space On Main and its agents, their respective managers, employees, contractors, lessees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and the successors or assigns of any of the above mentioned parties harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, liens, demands, expenses and judgments for loss, damage or injury to property or persons in any way connected with, the conduct or management of The Space On Main, or otherwise arising from this Membership or Users activities hereunder, including all costs, expenses and reasonable attorneys’ fees. All users will also indemnify The Space On Main for all costs, expenses and reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred by such party to enforce this indemnity provision of the Agreement.
44. Insurance. Users, at Users sole cost and expense, may obtain insurance for Users own protection. The Space On Main will, at its sole cost and expense obtain insurance for our own protection. In no event will The Space On Main be liable for any loss or damages to; Users, Users Team Members, Users guests or Users property. This is what Users insurance is for.
45. Waiver of Claims. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Users, on Users own behalf and on behalf of any Team Members, guests and invitees and affiliates, do hereby forever release, waive, acquit and discharge any and all demands, settlements, damages, actions, causes of action, suits, covenants and liabilities against us and our affiliates (as defined below) on account of, arising out of or related to loss, theft, damage or injury to persons, property or businesses, regardless of the cause. As used above, “affiliates” will mean any and all parent, sister and/or subsidiary companies, agents, partners, attorneys, family members, employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, shareholders, managers, members, insurers, consultants, predecessors, successors, or assigns of The Space On Main.
46. Assumption of Risk. Users acknowledge that their presence, use, provision or performance of services or participation in activities in or about The Space On Main, including the use of any equipment, hardware or tools may expose Users to certain risks including; injuries, death, property damage, or other harm that could occur to users or others. Users are voluntarily participating in the Activity with knowledge and acceptance of the substantial risks, hazards, and other dangers involved. Users hereby accepts any and all risks of injury (including death) arising out of or in any way connected with the Activity, use, provision or performance of services or participation in activities on or about The Space On Main, including the use of any equipment, hardware or tools, even if provided by The Space On Main, or by a third party.
47. Limitation of Liability. The aggregate monetary liability of us or our Affiliates to Users, any of Users Team Members, or Users or their guests for any reason and all causes of action, will not exceed the total fees paid by Users to us under this Agreement. We and our Affiliates will not be liable under any cause of action for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including loss of profits or business interruption.
48. Modification of Terms. We reserve the right to make changes to this Agreement from time to time, upon the delivery of an electronic notice at least 10 days in advance of the effective modification (the “Modification Notice“). If Users object to any such changes, Users must provide a written notice of Users objection within ten days of the Modification Notice, after which Users will have the right to continue to use The Space On Main for an additional 30 days before their User Agreement will terminate without penalty and Users must cease using The Space On Main. Users will be deemed to have accepted any such modifications, and such modifications will automatically become part of this Agreement, if Users do not provide written notice of Users objection within ten days of the Modification Notice. This Agreement, as modified by any Modification Notice not objected to by Users, contains all covenants, promises, agreements, conditions and understandings between The Space On Main and Users with respect to the subject matter contained herein, and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, either oral or written, between them other than those specified in this Agreement.
49. Not a Partnership. Nothing contained in this Agreement will be considered, in any way to constitute a partnership between The Space On Main and Users.
50. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable (either in whole or in part), the remaining portions of this Agreement will remain in effect and the parties hereto will use their best efforts to substitute the void, invalid or unenforceable provision with a new provision of like intent and effect.
51. Assignment. Users will not sell, assign, mortgage, pledge, sublicense, grant concessions or transfer this Membership or any interest in it, without prior written approval from The Space On Main, which may be withheld at the sole and absolute discretion of The Space On Main.
52. Subordination. Users rights under this Membership will be subject and subordinate at all times to: (i) all ground leases, underlying leases, and subleases that may now exist or hereafter be executed affecting either or both of the seat(s) assigned by The Space On Main and The Space On Main; and (ii) any mortgage or deed of trust that may now exist or hereafter be placed upon all or any portion of The Space On Main or any ground leases or underlying leases for the benefit of The Space On Main.
53. Alternative Dispute Resolution. The Space On Main and Users agree to first mediate any dispute or claim arising between them out of this Agreement or any resulting transaction before resorting to arbitration or court action. Mediation fees, if any, will be divided equally among the parties involved.
54. Attorneys’ Fees & Costs. Users will reimburse The Space On Main for all reasonable expenses and attorneys’ fees and disbursements that The Space On Main incurs in connection with a default by Users under this Agreement or the enforcement of any provision or covenant of this Agreement against Users, regardless whether suit is commenced or judgment is entered. In any action at law or in equity to enforce any of the provisions or rights under this Agreement, the unsuccessful party must pay to the prevailing party all costs, expenses and reasonable attorneys’ and experts’ fees and costs, as well as costs of suit that the prevailing party incurs therein.
55. Choice of Law. This Membership will be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Vermont.
56. Notices. Any notice required by any provision hereof will be given in writing and either personally delivered or delivered by electronic mail, or The Space On Main’s membership software, to The Space On Main or Users, as the case may be via membership software or at the recipients email or physical address. Every such notice will be deemed to have been given when actually received by the recipient or four (4) business days after sending, whichever is earlier. Either party may designate another address for notice by providing notice to the other in compliance with this provision. The address, email and/or phone number for Users shall be the last known address, email and/or phone number provided to The Space On Main during or following Users occupancy.
The address, email, and contact phone number for The Space On Main is:
The Space On Main, Inc.
Updated: August 21, 2019